Our class blog is a way for us to share our ideas and our learning with other people.
Sharing our learning means that it is important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
• Student work will only be identified by first names. All comments should have first names only.
• Parents who leave comments are asked to avoid using their family/surname. (Please post comments as “Peter’s mum” or “Megan’s grandfather”, etc.)
• All comments submitted have to be approved by Estelle Ash before they are included on the blog. Inappropriate or sloppy writing will not be approved.
• Proof-read your comments carefully. Students should have a family member check for spelling mistakes before submitting a comment.
• Only Estelle Ash, Amanda Vaile and Karen Dawson have access to post things on the blog. Later in the year, when students begin to write blog entries, they will go through edits and revisions before the teachers posts them.
• Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please!